• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spearing cloudy water?

Gordie

The lake I spear is geting cloudy. It is a shollow lake with a current meanning that a river runs thur it(not a big river but just enough to barely notice current). it seem that after it freezes then warms up like it has been the lake seems to cloud up faster and I noticed this last year.Have any of you guys experienced this and do you call it quits or keep trying?

We have noticed on several occasions that conditions can change rather quickly. We have set up and not been able to see 2 ft. down in 11 fow one day, and a week later the water was so clear you could see to the bottom.

There is usally always current in Rainy, but years like this where the water is low (almost 3 ft.) the water is much clearer where we spear. This year we still haven't got to our normal spot due to lack of ice, and where we are set up you can't see a white decoy halfway down in 6 fow. So much for our theory. I definitely wouldn't call it quits, but try to take advantage of sunny days if possible. Also just keep checking, you just never know what to expect.