• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS Position???

CrappieAttitude

Last night I purchased an 12V adapter to plug my GPS into to run off my main wheeler battery. I would like to have the plug accessable by my handlebars. Where did you guys route the wire so it isn't exposed to all of the elements. My battery is in my rear rack box. Looking for suggestions to make it work. Also, does anyone have any pictures of their RAM mounts to see different locations that I may want to consider.

Thanks,

CA

One problem I have had trying to use my 12v adaptor is keeping the unit plugged in under the extreme vibration of using the ATV. Anyone have a solution for this short of taping the plug in place?

Bob

I have an 07 AC 650 H1 with the 55W dual lights on the bars in front. They worked the same way (cigarette lighter plug). I brought it to the dealer, and asked them to hard wire it to the 12V switched wire on the machine. Cost me ten bucks to have them do it (including the toggle switch they installed).

Well worth it, and leaves the cigarette lighter adapter open.

Highly recommended.... Two wires, some solder, heat shrinking tape, and your all set to go.

PW beat me to it. I'd wire it into an ignition switched power wire up near the handlebar.

Bob, on the plug that you are plugging into the DC outlet, any way to spread out the negative (outside) contact in order for the plug to fit tighter into the DC outlet?Otherwise, maybe a piece of electrical tape around the plug might help it fit tighter into the DC outlet.

I wired my GPS outlet so it was hot all the time. That way the GPS didn't switch over to battery power (or shut off) everytime I shut off the key. My Garmin senses the 12volt power and if the 12 volt disconnects, it will automatically shut it off if I don't depress a key.