• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody here around the bay fishing the inland lakes? What is the ice condition? I'd like to get out. I heard that last weekend there was someone out a couple hundred feet on the pond at Drummond. Any info will be appreciated.

Jim

Jim

I have been out a few times now.. Ice conditions on MOST lakes are good to go for foot travel. And all lakes varied for ice conditions. Some had three to 4 inches, others were 4 to 5 inces. And with that, the bigger lakes were still a bit thin over the deeper water when I checked. Deeper water was 20FOW or more.

Be sure to use a spud and check as you go. Also, would be wise to fish with a friend. Definately is a weird year for ice up.

Thanks for the reply.

I went out to the Delta area today. Saw some folks out on the Pike Lake Chain and on Bluebird. I did spud Delta Lake and there was 5 inches on it. There were tracks of others that had been there.

Jim

Bass & Bellevue ice was sketchy today, anywhere from 2-6". Some of the 2" was very soft, I made sure to avoid it. Fishing sucked. Drilled 70+ holes this morning and did not mark a single fish. Did some spudding on Buskey bay and it looked pretty solid, didn't have enough time to fish it though.

Bellevue does have some good Pumpkinseeds Cheffrey... 'Gills and Crappies I have caught in there have been pretty small, but the pumpkins were very nice...

Shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss some lakes if you want...