• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hello From Bucks Co., PA

Just joined and I am finding my way around the forums. Looks pretty cool. I fish mostly the Delaware Bay and Fw in Bucks Co. and surrounding areas.

Looking forward to hearing about fishing in other parts of the County

Here is a photo of me. my brother-in-law and a nice Dusky on my boat:

2daves_and_shark_Small_.jpg

That is a 110lb Dusky shark. Caught that critter near the Misty Blue wreck off of Cape May NJ. Almost an hour long fight, then it bit the boat.

My brother-in-law (and mate) managed to get the gaff into it and if pulled the gaff out of his hands. Lucky for us it stuck in the shark and we were able to grab it again when I hauled it back to the boat.

He then held it with the gaff while I got a rope around the tail. Together we hauled it into the cockpit. It was still very much alive and thrashing around breaking coolers and biting tackle. At that point we were both up on the sides of the boat trying to keep out of the way; we looked at each other and realized that we did not have anything to kill it handy.

My brother-in-law grabbed a rusty fillet knife that we use to cut bait and tried to stab the shark in the head - the knife snapped. we finally decided that he would put a cooler on the shark's head and stand on it. While he pinned the shark I was able to jump around it, get into the cabin and dig up a ball peen hammer that was used to subdue the shark.

We quickly gutted it, iced the meat and headed in. Best shark steaks I ever had. The trick is to gut and ice as soon as possible, meat tastes sooooo good like that!

What a day that was. 9999.gif