• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A few from last summer

buzzsaw

Very nice Buzz! As always your images are excellent. I may have asked this in the past, but at what focal length(s) and aperture(s) are you typically working? Your wildlife portraits are always very crisp with a nice depth of field. On a side note, you mentioned shooting (with the camera) some ducks in your region once things begin to ice over. If your still up for it send me an email.

Thanks Dan & Mike, I respect your opinions and appreciate the feedback.

Mike, first off, CONGRATS for getting that duck picture in the DU magazine this last publication, I notice these things and didn't see it mentioned here! Congrats again! I'll shoot you an e-mail from home in near future and we can plan on hooking up down the road.

I use the D200 most of the time with the 80-400mm VR lens and sometimes with the 70-210 lens. I shoot in Aperture Priority and my focal length is usually wide open. I realize that wide open with that or any other lens will yield the sharpest image, but with post processing you can do things with USM/curves etcetera to make up for non perfect images. I'd also recommend a mono or tripod.

drakemallardheadportraipe3.jpg

Mike C CONGRATULATIONS on being published. I did the bozo oh no thing and let my membership expire this fall so I have not seen it though.

Mile L IMO that picture of the drake mallard is one of the best that I have ever seen you post! Thanks for sharing all of your pictures with us! Going to the "pond" any time soon? Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo and Jim! Now that we have water freezing up I'll start spending a little time down at the drink as well as a few other places that have been brought to my attention. Jim, here's another one to make you feel like it's still summer.

hummerpanogladiola2vq8.jpg

Buzz if I did't know better I would swear you were picking on me grin.gif The biggest reason for me geting back into photography was all the great shots of the hummingbirds that were getting posted so I tried with my P&S Minolta and failed which led to a major upgrade and a thinner wallet but the hummers are a little scarce right now mad.gif