• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hoyt Ultra Elite

iffwalleyes

Who has shot one of these and how well do you like it? Any down falls. I am looking for a fast bow. I have always liked hoyts split limbs. I need something with impact and speed. I will be taking it elk hunting someday when I draw a tag. I found a used one that is a couple years old. Drop away rest, fiber optic set, limb savers, string leeches, etc. for $499. Seems like a fair price. What do you guys think?

I have 2 Ultra Elites, 1 Ultratec, 1 Protec, and a number of other older bows. I have found that I prefer to shoot my Ultra Elite with the longer XT 3000 limbs for field rounds (shots to 80 yards) and for my indoor paper target shooting. This bow works well for both and I have now replaced the Protec for indoor paper with the Ultra Elite as I am shooting better scores with it. I have an Elite with XT 2000 limbs (shorter ATA) for hunting. This bow is faster but less accurate for me as the bow is too short to get correct archery form. But for up to 30 yard hunting shots it really doesn't matter. It also makes it easier to carry through the brush. Some things to note that the Ultra Elite has the extra bracing in the sight window that you have to place your arrow through. For hunting this is more of a pain as you can't just set your arrow on their like I can with my Ultratec. Also, split limbs will have a tendency to snag onto more brush if you are walking through some thicker stuff. As far as shootability the Ultra Elite is the most accurate bow I have personally shot as it fits me nicely and is very forgiving. I continue to try others but I keep coming back for a reason.