• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a lab pup...

MNpurple

I have been about 2 years now without a Lab, but am ready to get one again sometime after the first of the year to late winter. I have had a lab before and know that is what I want again, and it would be used for pheasants and ducks. First and foremost it needs to be a companion and family dog, I want a good hunter but not a machine.

Just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on upcoming litters that you may know of or a QUALITY breeder you can steer me towards. Any help would be great. I prefer a black lab and want the english characteristcs of the blocky head rather than the long skinny snout. Thanks for any tips. [email protected]

Call Danny Sayles at Cimaroc Kennels (Morris MN) I believe his number is(320) 589-3771 If this is not the number let me know and I will find it. My dad and I have both had dogs from him and they have been great hunters, but more importantly great with kids! I don't know if he has puppies available right now, but they are certaintly worth the wait. He is very picky (from what I have seen) on what dogs he breeds and puts up for sale.

Morris, MN 56267

We have a pup from Borden Creek Kennels in Benson, MN. She is only 8 months old but so far has been a really good dog. Very friendly and energetic but still laid back when she comes in the house. I took her out hunting this year and didn't expect a whole lot since she is still young. Her second time out hunting she flushed two roosters and 4 hens. Since then she has probably flushed 30-40 birds when I have been out hunting. We started her off on some game farm birds we bought to get her excited and show her what we were after (those aren't included in the 30-40).

Bob's male has been the SD state pheasant champ for the last 2 years for sure if not 3. He is a really well build, friendly black lab. He has a few other hunting titles and a wall in the kennel full of trophies. If you talk to Bob he can get you Chance's pedigree and tell you a lot more about him.

I know that he is breeding Chance and Boo again this winter to have pups in the spring. Those are the same parents as my pup.

Bob is a pretty good trainer as well. He has sold a couple of dogs into federal service as drug sniffers. When we picked our pup up he had a dog there he had just sold to the ATF I believe.

If you want his number let me know and I will find it for you.

contact terry holzinger at holzinger kennel or matt cashman at cashman kennels they have a great line of pointing labs

that will do it all. i have an 8 year old yellow from a breading of their dog raider an my black lab, best all around dog i have ever owned. she loves to be around my kids and loves to find me birds.

My 9 month old is out of Pete Fisher's champion Rex. Pete is in Avon, MN and has a HSOforum that lists his current breedings. He also has a young yellow that has moved into the breeding business recently. This dog has excellent bloodlines, but no champion's moniker yet but I expect it won't take him long. I think Pete has three breedings currently listed and two of the three could put some blacks on the ground.

I went with Pete as my brother-in-law's two labs were from there and they are both incredible hunters. Mine has already retrieved her first rooster in the wild and other than a lack of my not hunting her enough she would be farther along.