• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1996 Skidoo electric start

Mr. Pike1

Hey, I just picked up this sled for the sole purpose of pulling my portible as I am getting to old to pull the portable. My question is has anyonoe or can you refer me to someone who could put in an electric start for me. It pull starts on about the 3rd or 4th pull but I was thinking on those cold days it might me nice to just turn the key. Let me know

If you are talking the super cold days....The electric start might not have enough umph to turn it over....last winter we had 3 sleds all with electric start (good batteries) and not one would start with the key first thing in the morning...It was in the minus 30 range however.

I have the same modle skidoo you have. Mine was hard to start,if real cold or sat more than 3 days it would take 10 to 15 pulls to get that first pop then it would start. I tryed to find eletric start for it with no luck, but I did put an aftermarket primer on it 1 to 2 pulls it starts every time even at -20 .

Thank you for the feedback. I actually can pull start on the first of second pull so that is not an issue. I just thought the electric start would be nice. Reverse might be something I am more interested in as I don't have the best back to begin with and do not want to do any damage.