• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

polaris indy super sport 488

kc0myy

My grandpa had a polaris indy super sport 488. My dad is selling it to me for $500. Not bad I cleaned the carbs and got it running. My question is. Is this sled a good sled? What have you heard about it? I want any information about this sled. A manual or a HSOforum well do fine. Thank you

Do you know what year it is??

I do think that is a pretty good sled, and $500 bucks, a good use of money as well. If I'm not mistaken, the Super Sport runs the same motor as the Indy Trail and that is the 488 twin Fuji, fan cooled.

What I would do for manuals is either go to a dealership, or search on HSOList. HSOList is usually full of owners manuals and repair manuals.

Another thing I'd suggest is to pick up a Clymer Repair Manual. Clymer (Contact Us Please) is where you can check them out and they are available through Dennis Kirk, Shadetree, etc. I pretty much learned all my snowmobile mechanics from a Clymer manual when I was in high school. I couldn't afford to bring the sled into a dealership everytime something broke so I had to fend for myself.

I have the same sled and believe that it is a 96'. It is a great low end sled. A lot less to go wrong with the twin fan cooled engine. Haven't ran it all that much in the past couple of years. For storage I basically make sure and run Stabil and/or Seafoam in the gas. Turn off the fuel (under the hood) and let it run itself out of gas. Maybe there could be more done to it, but it starts year after year and runs great. It definately goes fast enough for me and it is light compared to some other sleds.