• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oil Leak solution

CrappieAttitude

May as well start tearing. The problem is that the oil is under pressure, usually fed up to the cam through a journal in the cylinder assy. To repair it from the outside would be temporary at best. You'll never be sorry fixing it the right way. Unfortunately its often the hard way.

So I tore into the grizz last night and solved my lower leak problem. (My brother-in law put the gasket in upside down) Anyways that is all stopped, but at the very top of my head, there is an aluminum plug where the two halves come together. I have a slow drip coming from that plug. This drip happens to annoy me as it lands directly on my exhaust and a puff of smoke fills the air. The o-ring looks good and I tried some yamabond on it. I haven't cheked it this morning, but if that yamabond didn't hold, anybody have an idea of another product out there?

I'm getting closer!!

What did you do your Griz to need top end work in the first place? grin.gif.... I've had good luck with Hondabond, it's grey, so you don't notice it as much as the black Yamabond.. I can't picture that plug on the head off-hand, I've been out of the loop for about a year, alot of details get fuzzy