• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AMS Oil

loosegoose

I have a 96 Polaris Ultra and a 99 XLT Special. I have been using Polaris purple oil(TC-W3)in them since day one. I'm thinking of changing to using AMS oil in them since this oil is available at the local NAPA store. Does anyone use AMS Oil Hp Injector, which is the same as TC-W3 or does anyone use AIT Interceptor synthetic oil in their sleds? Since my sleds do not have the variable exhaust I do not need to use the full synthetic oil.

Both are full synthetic oils. The HP is more for outboard engines but you can use it in sleds. Interceptor is Amsoils snowmobile oil. That is the one I'd go with. I still have some left over Amsoil Series 2000 to use up before I switch over to the Interceptor.

AMSOIL is all synthetic. I use HP Injector oil for sleds without variable exhaust valves.

You should use the Interceptor injector brand if you have exhaust valves, it is a cleaner oil blend to avoid excess carbon from building on the valves.

I use both brands and love the stuff. HP in the boat and Interceptor since I own two sleds with power valves.

I am glad to see a thread on AMSOIL 2-cycle lubes that is correct on the product applications.

To summarize them all, AMSOIL has 5 different 2-cycle lubes for various applications. These are the guidelines for the Best Choices. There is a lot of cross-over and using other than the 'best choice' will usually not cause any problem.

For 2-stroke sleds, which almost all have 'power-valves', the Interceptor, product code AIT is the best choice, and all other 'power-valve' engines.

For water-cooled 2-stroke engines like outboards, the HP, product code HPI is the best choice.

If you have a Jet-Ski the best solution is a little fuzzy. If it is a power-valve engine the Interceptor should be the best.

The Dominator is AMSOIL's high performance race 2-cycle oil.

Most 2-stroke dirt bikes and many 2-stroke ATVs are run super-severely hard and Dominator is the choice in many, even in 'stock' applications.

All 3 Interceptor, HP and Dominator can be used as injection or 50-1 pre-mix.

When it comes to 2-stroke pre-mix engines, such as your ice-auger, chain saw, string trimmer, blower, etc, etc, etc AMSOIL has 2 products.

One for the air cooled engines, Saber Professional, product code ATP and the other for water cooled engines (mainly smaller outboards now or older larger ones) the best is Saber Outboard product code ATO.

Both ATP and ATO can be used as lean as 100-1, though many prefer to use them richer - many at 80-1, and a few use them at 50-1 and still report little or no smoke.