• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

East River Deer??

Rost

I couldn't hold off any longer. On sunday morning I shot a nice 5x5. I wasn't gonna shoot it tell it got about 20 yds away, then I couldn't hold back. Coolest deer hunt I've been on in a while. I was sitting on the edge of some trees and I had 4 does walk into the trees about 20 feet behind me. Then a little bit later I saw a buck coming in from about 300 yds...then 200 then 100 then 50 then finally about 20 yds. I couldn't hold back any longer and dropped him.. Simply awesome.

Guys and Gals, Wondering if you can keep your ears opened for me. My future brother-in-law from DeSmet was archery hunting a parcel of land on opener of east river that only he had permission to hunt on. He ended up arrowing a really great buck Saturday late in the afternoon. They knew it was a great shot because the arrow was sticking out both sides right behind the front shoulders, and they had a good frothy blood trail to follow. They decided to give the deer a while before tracking because it had ran quite far, as far as the spotter in the tree could see. They followed the trail later on until dark, and it just kept going. They decided instead of risking pushing the deer, they would resume the trail in the morning.

Sunday they got out and resumed the trail where they left off. They followed the trail which led them all over the property, through shelters, sloughs, and trees. They were getting pretty exhausted, and hungry and decided there was no rush since the buck was staying on the property he had sole permission, and they could resume the search after clearing their heads with some lunch.

When they got back from lunch, they were met at the property by another friend who gave him the bad new about his buck.

While they were away from the property some guys in a truck with a plate from Beadle county went into the land my friend was hunting and walked along a ditch by a plowed field and found my friends deer. Now the story they gave the hired hand that talked with them was that, "The deer was still alive and we had to finish it off". The hired hand said the deer was as stiff as a board, the legs were straight out. The hunters also said, "this is the arrow that was in it", and held up a arrow with purple and green fl etchings. The hired hand new it was My friends because he is the only on he knows around there that shoots those colors.

There is only one way we can catch this loser. mad.gif

If he shoots his mouth off to anyone, and word gets around. Or if the people at the lockers find out about it.

So if anyone hears anything please, PLEASE, Tell me about it. This deer really means a lot to my friend. He has put countless hours in the stand hunting this one deer only to have it ruined by a poacher who has no ethics, or con chance, what so ever. We need to put a stop to shameless people like this, who do not regard the law or respect other peoples legal game which they have no right to take.

I am just shocked that there are people out there that actually do these kind of things. frown.gif

It makes me want to think twice about getting a deer license, for fear of the creeps and their moral and ethics out there that call themselves hunters. mad.gif

Here is my Email you can tip me here if you here anything.

Thanks so much for the help fellow SPORTSMAN&WOMAN!!!!! smile.gif

[email protected]