• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Four of us spent the last three days hunting in ND.From what we saw in bucks running and swelled necks along with all the fawns with the does,I would venture to say that the rut might just be starting with a ways to go.My bet full rut will happen from the 12-16 of Nov.

I've been seeing similar things HL. I keep reading reports of bucks going crazy for does, but I've only seen two bucks working does so far. I totally agree- I think around here the rut will come into full swing in a week or so.

That sounds about typical.

Usually the second weekend they start to get glassy-eyed and will hardly pay attention to a hunter as they have better things in mind. The season is a tad later this year so we're right on track. Hopefully the colder weather predicted for this weekend will get them up and about more. I'm heading back Thursday to go with my dad to see if we eat venison this winter or not.

Quote:

That sounds about typical.

Usually the second weekend they start to get glassy-eyed and will hardly pay attention to a hunter as they have better things in mind. The season is a tad later this year so we're right on track. Hopefully the colder weather predicted for this weekend will get them up and about more. I'm heading back Thursday to go with my dad to see if we eat venison this winter or not.

Just let me know if you don't get into them I can hook you up with some ven. grin.gif

I am sure it will a good supply of deer to choose from this year once again. Good luck we will be out in force as well. Didn't get my buck tag so that is already the disappointment for me this year. You know I am going to come face to face with a hugh 5x5 and won't be able to shoot frown.gif. Oh well that Skinhead should taste good at least right grin.gif.