• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hanson & Others - GPS Mounts

Blaze

Hanson - I saw the pic you had of your winter rig in the ice fishing forum and wanted to ask which mount you use for your GPS on that ditch pickle?

Quote:

catshack6xi.jpg

I have an iFinder H2Oc and want to strap that baby on my XC700 handlebars, but not sure which RAM mount to use? The 2 I've looked at are:

RAM-B-149Z-LO2

RAM-B-149Z-LO2U

Anybody use these on their ATV or sled? Not sure what the difference is between them?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure this is the model I have on my sled. If I'm not mistaken, I picked it up at Gander Mt. The U-bolt clamp fits perfectly around my bars, right between the brake lever and my handlebar pad.

RAM-B-149Z-LO3

RAMB149ZLO3.jpg

I believe the RAM-B-149Z-LO2 that you are referencing is the same unit, it just has a different cradle to hold the GPS. If you have the H20, look at the LO3 version because I know it holds mine perfectly.

Quote:

Off Topic,how has your XC700 been? My new one is a 500XCSP.

Well, I went from a '95 XLT to my '02 XC700, so it was quite a step up. To put it mildly, the thing ROCKS. I went from being the slowest guy in our group to being the fastest, and the power and handling are phenomenal. I bought the sled with just under 1K miles on it, put on 500(?) last winter, and loved every mile of it. I use it to pull my Fishtrap, but you need to make sure you've got good snow to do that or else she heats up in a hurry - that's where a fan cooled sled has the advantage.

Hope you enjoy your 500 as much as I like my 700!

Blaze, that's quite a step up in the sled. Just the suspension alone must make you smile every time you ride it. I have an 03 xc800 and love it! Sounds like you like it, have fun!

Quote:

has anyone ever tried to mount on on the dash of there truck with the ball mount? if so where did you get that gander mountain also?

What kind of truck do you have?

I've got a couple configurations that work pretty well. In my 99 GMC Sierra, I've got the captains chairs with the center console. I removed the ash tray and used double sided 3M tape (automotive molding double sided tape) to mount a ball up under the dash. The arm rests on the top of the console and supports the weight of the GPS. I'll try to get a picture.

The other way a lot of guys do it is to mount the ball to the A pillar in front of the drivers door. With most trucks, you can pop that plastic cover off and mount the ball with small nuts & bolts. That is if you don't mind a few holes in your truck plastic. You can then rest the arm on top of the dash.

I bought the suction cup windshield mount for my iFinder, and attach it right behind my rear view mirror so the GPS hangs directly below the mirror. It works well, but I am finding that the suction cup does not like cold weather and will lose its seal if the temps get down in the lower 30s. Hasn't been a big deal - I just warm up the truck and stick her back on. I may end up mounting a ball on top of the dash eventually, but I'm curious to see Hanson's ashtray pics.