• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crop Harvest around Spencer

Don't know specifically about Spencer but as of monday the state wide average was only 48% with the most crop out in the southeast while the west central had the least % out. Monday thru Wed the farmers were out in force but started raining early evening yesterday and pretty much rained on & off all day. I live in central part of the state and the furhter north I drive the more standing corn you see.

On a side note I'm not sure where the DNR came up with a 22% decline in numbers. I have seen more birds this year than last year in the areas that I hunt, primarily central & west central iowa.

i don't know bout the spencer area either, but here,( 40 mi. N.E. of waterloo) most/all of the beans are out,and about 60% of the corn. the rain today will stop that for a day or so, but the farmers are hitting it hard.