• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help w/ North Dakota Hunt

KOTTKE

Heading over near Trotter, ND on the NW side of ND for a 7 archery hunt, Muley and White tails. Heading in blind, never been there, we have 40,000 acres to hunt, I'm told lots of open rolling land, only trees are inthe the small river bottom areas. Just looking for any help, tips ect. would be greatly appreciated. Will be hunting Oct 21-28th

Thanks for any help in advance.

Has anyone you are going with been there? Will the land owner give you some ideas? 40,000 acres with no pre-knowledge of the area is almost an impossible task if you ask me, especially for a bow hunt. Best idea I can think of is get ariels and/or topos ahead of time if you can and then try to narrow it down to just a few areas to hunt. Scout mostly the first day and then hunt. We used to hunt 8600 acres with rifle in Wyoming and its a lot of ground to try to cover.... I can't imagine almost 5 times that.

lawdog,

I am hunting w/6 others, 2 of them hunted here last year,but were out there the 1st week in Sept. We are getting help thru an outfitter, but as far as that goes all they tell us is where we can and cannot hunt. Anytime I hunt a new area I try to source as much info on my own befor heading out. I'm looking for more info as far as others success stand hunting or ground blinds, stalking ect. from past experience in this general region. Also camo patterns. Thanks again.