• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI?

jigjigsk

ok atv people. I am looking at buying a new Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI. I mainly want it for ice fishing, a big job it will do is pulling my 16' fish house on wheels on early ice when we can't drive on with our pick-ups yet. Of course I will use it for hunting also. But I would like some input of what people think of the 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI.

Quote:

I just bought one,....I only have about 50 miles on it, but I am happy with it so far. I know a few people that have them also , and they are also very happy with theirs.

My girl got the same one as you minus the plow on wednesday berfore labor day, she now has 197 miles on it from the long weekend. She is loving it.

Picked mine up july 10th and have put on 571 miles so fare. I did have to take it in because it was shifting hard. They had to take a shim out of the clutch. So fare I am happy with the machine but then I had no complaints about the 2001 ho I traded on it.

my wife just picked hers up and has a woppin 8 miles on it.

But that should change, wednesday-sunday will be up by icecracking. Then 29-31 we will be at Martineau trails.

By the way she just had to have burgendy LE with the flames and of course the stainless brushgaurd and rear bumper

Quote:

By the way she just had to have burgendy LE with the flames and of course the stainless brushgaurd and rear bumper

I bought the same machine as her's, I was looking at the mossy oak and walked in the dealer saw the L.E. and thought "that matches my truck". I regret it now as I use mine and within 10 miles of ice fishing the plastic looked used. The paint does buff but until you do so they look pretty poor after going down a trail. But then I came to my senses and said screw it, it's an ATV it's meant to be used. It just kills me I spent the extra money on it for it to look used faster mad.gif

We will be up riding the pine center trails this saturday, somewhere between 2 and 10 of us. We will be leaving the trailhead at about 9:00-9:15 am.

I bought the X2 and can't wait for ice fishing. It will be nice and easy carrying all my gear in the box since I have a flip up style portable. I have 500+ miles and no complaints. It made bear baiting a lot easier this year. I sure am not going to miss those long warm ups in the winter I had with my Xplorer.