• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moose Pics

Sorgy

Does anyone have any moose pics out there. I recently saw a home video of a couple of guys who went out every day in 1993 for the month of Sept and called and filmed the moose coming in. It was kind of cool does anyone know who they might have been. I believe that it was done around Isabella? I am lucky to have drawn a moose permit and I would like to see some minnesota moose pics.

Thanks

Steve

Hey Sorgy:

Welcome to FM. Good to see you here.

I can't help you out with who took the moose footage you're referring to, nor can I provide images of giant bulls with huge racks. But here's a yearling male that stopped traffic near Babbitt earlier this year.

Canon 20D, Canon 100-400L image stabilizer (handheld) at various magnifications, iso400, f8, various shutter speeds.

moose-traffic.jpg

And now a three-image series . . .

Loves me

loves-me.jpg

Loves me not

loves-me-not.jpg

Wants to eat me for dinner. Yikes! blush.gif

wants-to-eat-me.jpg

Wow great pics. It looks like he doesn't really care about anything. He must not know much. it is always great to see your pics. I have also seen many of your pics in the past. I think one of my favorits is the nice buck coming out of the pines or cedars with snow all over him. Your camera must always be within reach. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

Do you still have the picture of the loon holding the minnow? I would like to see that again. I looked through here but I couldn't find the thread. I'm pretty sure you were the one that took that. There is another one of a baby loon on the back of mommy.