• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3-D shoots losing their popularity?

VMS

It has been probably close to 10 years since I went to a 3-d shoot. Decided to go down to Lakeville to participate in theirs and there were only 5 vehicles there, two of which belonged to people working at the shoot. Have the shoots lost their popularity?

It was interesting to say the least, except I don't plan on ever shooting a prehistoric animal (they had a scaled down T-rex there). I did get to shoot a skunk in the butt though.... I never figured a skunk to have a 10-ring there...

Steve

I know the Lakeville shoots and there is no publicity for them. Even in the archery circles I didn't hear about it.

I've never done a 3-d shoot but I would really like to. I never hear about them and since I dont hang out at Gander Mountain I never see the fliers. It would be nice if they were posted here or on hso_archery_forum.

Small World, VMS. I happened to be down in the cities last weekend and a buddy and myself ended up at that very same shoot. My buddy said that the last shoot at Lakeville had 120 shooters. I was surprised also at the low turnout but I'm thinking that we are darn close to kids going to school which means near last chance for family vacations at the end of summer, which may keep some folks tied up and unable to make 3-D shoots. Could be the advertising issue, also. I don't think that 3-D is necessarily losing popularity, but think it's more "the end of summer, 3 weeks from hunting so broadhead shooting is happening.." is more the issue. Frankly, I enjoyed the low turnout, relaxed shoot at Lakeville yesterday. It gave me the chance to work on shooting for vitals (I'm more of a shoot the vitals shooter than a 3-D score, guy, to be honest).

Best of Luck to all, Hope your venison it tasty!

Tom B.

I think it boils down to the fact that like most clubs, it seems like a small number of people do all the work, and at this time of year, they're also interested in hunting, not putting on a 3D shoot. Seems like a lot of clubs put on shoots in the spring, which might be a good time for them, but it sure doesn't motivate me to go there.

I'd love to goto a 3D shoot this weekend if I could find one within 60 miles but they're just not very many in central MN.