• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The silent hunter... the Green Heron

buzzsaw

This is why I don't mind sitting in the woods near the lake. This guy flew in on my right hand side almost silently and was about fifteen to twenty feet away... it took me about ten minutes to rotate my body and camera around to get into the proper position to photograph this guy at eye level.... in the end it was worth it. ahhhh morning light. grin.gif

Fine work, Mike. Fine indeed. No. 2 and 3 are especially good. No. 2 is the clear winner in my mind. I like the step the heron is taking in No. 3, but No. 2 has the best drama and comp.

If you don't watch out, you'll start taking bread from the mouths of those of us who depend on photography for a living. grin.gif

I had one of these guys land on the motor of my boat last weekend while I was fishing!!!! I couldnt believe it. I was by myself standing on the front deck of the boat laughing and looking around to see if anybody else was around to witness this. I havent even had a bird or seagull do that and they are fairly tollerable of people campaired to Herrons. I didnt really move a lot while he was there. He sat there for about 2 minutes and then I made a cast and he left.