• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing

Anyone getting the fever for it? I just spent over 2 hours looking at jigs.Also began my wish list,of jigs to get.Them Little-Atom jigs really look sweet got 10 of them on the list.Also going to buy 2 custom rods .I am also looking for some one to ice fish with doing the week.I am retired so I can go just about anytime.I will share gas or drive to you if not a long ways off.I live in NE.IA.So lets here some ideas on what to buy.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD blush.gif

John,

Yep, I got the itch! smile.gif This winter might finally be the winter that I make it down your way for a little ice fishing.

A lot of things out there to buy for ice fishing. Tackle, rods, and reels are the most obvious that are within the budget. I plan on stocking up on my Little-Atom tackle as well. They make a great product...

John

another question, where do you buy the little atom jigs? also have you run across the spring bobbers that is used on the St Croix ice rods. they look like the real deal

Joe

Matt and Joe B,Hey it would be great to fish with both of you anytime.Just say when.The Atom jigs I will order on line unless Scheels sells them,I think I got some there or that big farm store in Mason City?I have been fishing a heavier jig the last 2 yrs.I like Pounders easy to feel and see bites better I think.I will be talking more ice stuff on here soon.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD blush.gif

Hello just joined the fourm. I also am getting the hard water fever. I am from NW Iowa, and would like to get a fourm of good information going also. Just wondering what you guys mainly use when you fish. I myself am a spoon man and love the swidish pimple and acme kasmaster spoons. Usually fish for walleye, perch, bluegill, bass, and sometimes catfish. Anyone using an aqua view camera to fish?

I use one. They are pretty neat.Seen things that amase you.

What part of northwest Iowa are you in? I live in Kingsley,just moved here from Sioux City. If your close let me know for I'am always looking for someone to fish with,Ice & open water both.