• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 hours and a new toy!

Tom Wilson

I haven't been around much lately due to increased workload at both the full time job and the horse business. I actually finished up a project early today and was able to finally get out and spend a little time with my hummers. I spent two hours with them late this afternoon. I purchased a new set of extension tubes, and got to play with them as well for the first time today. These photos were all taken with the 300mm at a distance roughly between 2.5 and 3 feet. Each is full frame in HSC mode. It was extremely cool to be able to get that close, and to be able to capture that kind of detail. Being that close also creates a wider perspective gap between the subject and the distant background creating some absolutely beautiful bokeh.

hbird82206yn9.jpg

I couldn't even get this whole guy in the frame--now that's close...

hbird822062rr1.jpg

hbird822064ur3.jpg

hbird822065cp3.jpg

I'll be gone for the next week and a half photographing the first fall futurity, so hopefully this will at least let you guys know I'm still around.

Here's another shot from the Tube setup with the 300mm. This was taken with the 300 at a distance of roughly 1 foot. That is some serious macro capability there my friends. I'm gonna love playing with these things. The next time out, I'll be able to use the tripod and get some really nice DOF. This was shot handheld.

d2x00049el1.jpg

all I can say is"wow"....those are some really super macro's for sure Tom shocked.gif....I'm amazed that the photos were taken at a foot or so...in order for me to get a decent image or close up as yours,(not as clear and crisp as yours of course)I have to be"inches"....better yet....a half inch (or even 1/8") from the subject such as a hornet,wasp, bee..I literally touch the wings of butterflies....wasps .....flowers...or get pollen on my lens...lol! tongue.gif...I'm used to it now though...... grin.gif.....again great work Tom!.......I see some great macros from you in the future.....jonny grin.gif