• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2000 Evinrude FICHT 150

dan2957

Question

My buddy is having a problem with his motor and was hoping someone here was having the same problems and could reply about how they fixed the problem.

Engine Specs: Engine Specs: 2000 Evinrude FICHT 150

Engine Symptoms: Rough low idle after warm up. Engine misses and hesitates below 900 RPM, while top end performance is unaffected. Engine is difficult to start the first time when putting in - squeezing the fuel bulb several times until hard seems to improve this condition, but not eliminate it completely. No fault codes are logged and the mechanic at Warner’s Dock in New Richmond says that he is unable to observe symptom, but from my description of it he feels that it’s normal. Well, if that’s the case, then I guess the motor ran abnormally for the first 5 years.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

2 answers to this question

I had the same motor on a 22' Lowes deck boat -- never had any trouble -- started and ran great -- never changed a plug (though I was told by the evinrud people that it was important to align the plugs so that the gap faced the fuel inport) -- However, last year a few times it didn't start right away and we found the fuel bulb soft -- when we squeezed it a couple times it firmed up and the motor started easily. But, the second weekend it did this, when the boat was backed out of the lift and put in forward, the engine backfired and caught fire. It engulfed the whole boat. That's why I have a trailer for sale on the FOR SALE forum!! I looked up Ficht on the internet and found that the coast guard had put a notice out about fire risks on larger size Ficht's, ie 200/250, but nothing on the 150. Hope this is helpful.

I have a 1998 Johnson FICHT 150. I bought it five years ago and had similar problems. It was still under warrenty so I brought it back to have it fixed. It took them over two months to fix. Some computer,electric switch wasn't getting/receiving the correct voltage. I'm not much of a mechanic so thats all I know. But it was fixed and I haven't had a problem since. And that was four years ago when it was worked on. I know they had a lot of problems with these engines, but they really are good on fuel and oil consumption. Good Luck.