• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winches

red ice

Was looking to get a winch/plow set up for my Rubicon. Have posted before about the plow, but now have some questions about winches. Does anyone have a Moose winch? Power? Reliability? Go with a Warn instead? Leaning towards a Moose plow and thinking that they might have complete package discounts coming up closer to snow season?

Thanks, RED

My personal preference is a Warn. The Superwinches I've dealt with seemed a bit on the cheap side. I haven't done anything with a Moose, do they make their own or just rel-label someone elses?

Red, I have cooked both brands[ramsey and warn] and now I'm on my 2nd warn it's the elcheepo from northern and so far it's been the best one but the line speed on the ramsey was the best under load, I think as far as winches go it's all in how ya treat them. A budy of mine has had the super winch for 3 years on his ride and it's never had a problem but he has never try'd to put him self out of 4ft of loon [PoorWordUsage] up hill

I was on hsolist yesterday adn they have tons of winches around the 100 dollar price range. I think one brand was Gorilla. I'm guessing these are junk. Anyone tried one?? I don't ride trails or anything. About all I do is ice fishing and deer hunting usually takes less than a day. confused.gif

Ya,thats a little cheep even for me. go to northen and look at the 1700 warn it's orange and white and aound 170 clams not a bad winch for the price and it's been good to me so far, they will tell you there that it's not for avt's it's for trailers? and loading unloading cargo but in my findings the thing is more than enuf for what I need.