• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fargo Scheels - Archery Expert?

B mac

Does anyone have suggestions/experience with any of the help at the new Fargo Scheels in the archery shop? I'm looking to get a new set-up, and I want to make sure I request the most experienced person! Thanks.

I went there and talked to the archery manager. I can't remember his name but he looked about 28 with dark hair. He seemed to know what he was talking about. He let me ask question and did not push me into the most expensive bow -- but I did get the Mathews Switchback after trying out the Howt.

The guys at the Outdoorsman are also good. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Ya, I'm also looking to purchase top of the line this year. I'm a bit behind in planning (as with everything), but better late than never! I just want to make sure I get the perfect set-up (and finely tuned with paper and all the other tricks)...because I'm far from an expert on the equipment side.

B mac, I don't mean this to badmouth Scheels in any way, but I'd strongly recommend you do your archery business at the Outdoorsman. Tom is the best in town (by far). For the record, I don't own any stock there or anything. I just had bad experiences at two other places in town. I also know a couple dozen people (from the bow club) who have horror stories at some of the other places in town. Talk to Tom- he'll set you up.

Drive to St. Cloud, go to Sportsman Warehouse. Ask for Joel, Brian, or Blake. All of them are very knowledgable and get you into what you need, want, and make it work with your budget. Worth the drive, trust me.

Thanks for the info. Last time I checked (over a year ago), the Outdoorsman only carried one of the "top three" bows...Hoyt. I was surprised to see that Scheels carries all three. I know there is a lot of animosity regarding who makes the best bow, but it's hard to argue that Mathews, Hoyt, and Bowtech are not #1-3 (not in any particular order). I shot them all last year and was torn between Mathews and Bowtech. I'm planning to give them all another try out and actually purchase one this year. St. Cloud is a bit out of range for me...mostly because inevitably something needs adjustment and I can't afford to drive that far every time I need service. Is there anywhere else in Fargo that carries Mathews? I know Sportsmans carried Bowtech last year. Gander doesn't have any of the 3.