• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wind drift effect arrow flight?

It can affect it. I usually don't compensate. I haven't noticed much effect at say 20 yards. If you are shooting at a target that is about 50 yards away. I wait for the wind to die down, if it doesn't there really is no compensation that can correct for it accurately, IMO

The wind can effect an arrow quite a bit. Most hunting situations its a non-factor. I dont personally shoot much past 20 yards and usually closer to 10, so its definatly not an issue. It can be on say a caribou or antelope hunt. Guys that its an issue for say that skinnier arrows like acc's or small diameter carbons are effected less by the wind.

If im shooting in the yard with a strong cross wind I do notice my groups open up to the down wind side a tad...

If you got a stout cross wind and a 20+ yard shot you better believe it will affect arrow flight. Your best bet is to limit yourself to close shots if you're fool enough like me to hunt in high winds smirk.gif

If I am hunting deep in the woods then I dont worry about.If on the outer edge then I might adjust just a tick for a 25+ yard shot.

I usually dont hunt in 20 mph winds as the deer move less because it takes some of thier sight,smell and hearing.I usually will not hunt in high heat or wind.The deer just dont like to move that much.