• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

camping get spendy

tripper

Well camping over the 4th the wife and a freind went to town to get some things well I went fishing. I get back from fishing and the wife says she looked at the polaris Hawk Eye and wants it. I'm all for it being she has never had her own machine and we have been ridding double. I call our locale dealer to give him a chance on the price and he does a little better then matching the place she had looked at the machine so I tell him to get it ready and we will be there when he opens in the morning. The little lady is excited and wants to help the dealer open in the morning so we decide to spend the night at home instead of driving in in the morning. On the way a goverment beef decides to use the front of my truck to commit suicide. Nobody is hurt and the truck can easly be fixed but it does add a few hundred to the cost of the atv. The next day we make the deal and are back in the camp ground by noon and head out for a ride. 34 miles later we are back and i park behind the motorhome and glance back and observe the wife parking behind me instead of alongside of me. Yup her hand slips on the break and she hits the gas instead of the break again and my ho takes a big kiss in the tail pipe. If I could only explain the look on her face as she waved her hands in the air and babbled somthing. After checking the damage I told her I would have to get a new muffler monday morning and I knew what I wanted it on. Monday morning (7/10) I picked up my limited eddition 500 HO.

We have close to 200 mi. on both machines and so fare like them both. I was concerned that the Hawk Eye didn't have a low range but after putting it through a woods run of climbing over fallen trees , rocks and other obsticals I'm not worried about it now.

That be the machine. I added stainless bush gaurd and rear bumber, hand and thumb warmer, 2500lb winch, lock n ride windshield,rear view mirror, rear box with tote bag each side, and a reciever hitch. I quickly found that the rear box is to small so I will be putting it on the wifes hawk eye and getting a bigger one. The only other thing I may add is a gun scabbard.