• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a vet

korn_fish

I am getting a new pointer in october and the vet that looked after all my previous dogs passed away a couple months ago. Anyone have a vet that they use that is also a sporting dog owner that they would recomend? Would prefer someone in the west metro, but distance isn't too much of a problem. My previous vet was from Mankato and I live in the metro.

West side...? hands down Smith Veterinary Clinic. Fran is one of the most respected Labrador breeders and hunt test judges in the country... not to mention on the board of OFA and the only board certified smal animal reproductive vet in the state. I use her services for all my OFA evaluations and breeding issues. You'll be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable vet.

Good Luck!

Ken

I have used Stillwater Vet for many years and many dogs. They are very good and also are the #1 place to get your OFA x-rays done, if you need to. I know of many people who have performance dogs that use them and drive from a long way too.

Quote:

I have used Stillwater Vet for many years and many dogs. They are very good and also are the #1 place to get your OFA x-rays done, if you need to. I know of many people who have performance dogs that use them and drive from a long way too.

I have also used Stillwater Vet for a second opion on my dogs hips and would definitely go back to them. My breeded also recommended using Stillwater Vet and uses them.

Labs...sounds like a good place you have there also!!

From Hutchinson you have Virgil Voight.He has been a dog vet for many years and everyone in this area thinks very highly of him.I believe its the Hutch vet clinic.I have never heard a bad thing said about him for 30 years. smile.gif

No she's in B-ville... figured it's only a 20 minute drive. Right on 35W and co rd 13. I seen you were looking for a sporting dog vet, and I would never hesitate to recommend Fran! I consider everythng west of the airport the west side and east of the air port the east side.... sorry. I have my "regular" vet (who is also a lab owner and an awesome vet) who is 5 minutes from me and he handles 80-90% of what I need, Fran takes care of the rest!

On a side note, 2 of my last breedings were AI's done at the Stillwater vet clinic (at the Stud owner's request) and they were very professional and seemed like an A1 operation.

Good Luck!

Ken

I'll pipe in here and offer a recommendation as well:

Dr. Brewer @ Rockford Road Animal Hospital in Plymouth (763.559.7554). He's a great guy, avid sharptail/phez hunter, and owns a couple labs as well. He love sporting breeds. We moved from Maple Grove out to St. Michael and I still go back there because I've tried a couple other closer vets, and...well, it's hard to beat Dr. Brewer and RRAH.

Blaze