• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goose Numbers in your area??

Rost

The fishing is slowing down and I got my Cabelas Master Fall Catalog in the mail yesterday. Must mean it's time to start thinking about early geese!

I haven't been "scouting" for geese yet, but I have noticed a decent number of them around. Anyone else starting to think geese?

Lots of them around here. There's about 30 hanging out at sandy shore, probably 50 around the west end of pelican. 30 or so on the river west of little river city in town, and lots on the sloughs on 212 south of kampeska. And that's just what I've noticed driving back and forth to work. Seems like most of the broods were big. I saw some nests around pelican that had 8 and 10 eggs in them, and that was only days before they hatched.

Oh Yeah, Lotsa little honkers this year, Most pairs i have come across have had anywhere from 6 up to 10 little shavers. Should be lotsa geese to punish this year! Lotsa geese in the watertown area and have seen many families up around the bitter lake area and further north!!

I am having a hard time sleeping. I have been scouting the north zone for the past couple days in the less popular areas we get on geese early and I have seen fewer. The typical hot areas have been solid people for a couple weeks already. I have a couple fields on the MN side to get at too next week.