• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey I was wondering if anyone could offer a guy some advice on how to get into fishing smallies on Chequamagin (spelling) Bay. Have never done it but would love to try it.

Thanks.

lucke1

Luck

Sorry for the late reply here, the wife and I were gone on our anniversary trip chasing musky...

Anyways, for the bay and smallies... This time of year you are looking for off shore structure or shoreline structure(adjacent to deep water) that has weeds or rock, where a combo of both is best... Some areas to look for are the lighthouse area off Ashland's breakwall and the break off the tip of Long Island... Scout around in these areas for the weeds and such and throw big spinnerbaits, crankbaits, and jig/plastic combos..... Fish are pretty active so have some fun!!!

Being your first time, I would suggest one of the area's guides to help you fine tune your approach to this big water. If you need help locating one, shoot me and e-mail and I can help you out there or any other questions you might have.