• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carp bait

hey, I was just wondering what you all like to use for bait and what you think the best bait is to catch carp. Most of the time I just ball a nightcrawler on a hook. I have heard wheaties balled up works real well. I also tried the carp stink bait and that didnt really work for me. Thanks for the help.

what i do is get a few cans of whole kerrnel corn open the one can and drain off juice. add about 3 table spoons of vanilla extract to the can and mix the corn up good. i like to let mine set over night. the other to cans use for chum were your going to fish, just throw a couple hands full out were your going to fish, sometimes you don't need to though so try fishing before you chum.

Nitefisher, Do you put a bunch of kernels from the vanilla extract one on a hook then? Sounds like a pretty good idea i might have to try that some time. Does this work for faster moving waters or is this a lake technique? thanks for the help.

nitefisher, thats alright. I went out today by the millside just outside of st michael. It is a good spot sometimes but now that the water has dropped its all like under 2-3 ft deep. I tried your method with no luck. I think i just need to find a better spot with a deeper depth. Never fished anywhere else so im not sure where to go. well thanks for the help.

I've mixed corn with Peppermint Extract (found near food coloring and spices in grocery store). I found fish to prefer it just as much as plain corn.

I've seen and tried many things, but just plain Whole Kernal Corn has prevailed everytime!

I was out on a river catching a couple on a wad of crawlers. There was another guy fishing close by who seemed to be doing much better than I. He was using corn that he had added sugar to. He just dumps a can in a baggie and adds a bunch of sugar. I don't know why it works, but he out caught my crawlers 5:1.