• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fornt tires toed outward.

Scupper

2004 MTD PRO 25 hp 46" deck. Front tires are at about a 40 degree outward angle. I have made adjustments to the steering arms/ball joints with no luck. Nothing appears to be out of alignment or damaged.

Any advise or reputable shops? North metro.

This is my elderly neighbors mower and It is hard to watch him continue to mow with the wheels at that angle. He says it's O.K, just a little tough to turn blush.gif

Thanks for any help...

Are the flange bearing missing on the shaft that holds the wheels on? ( one on top and one on bottom )if they are broken or missing they will send the wheels out at an angle. If you have already adjusted the ball joints there is not much left to do. They should toe in. Jack the front of the tractor up when making you adjustments so no weight on front tires and see if the front end flexes. Axel assembly may be bent.

I'm not very familiar with the exact design of the Yard Machines, but it should be a rack and pinion system. Are there tie rods or threaded ends on the steering arms. I know on the Toro stuff I worked on they were notorious for bending at the tierod ends.

Thanks for responding fella's.

We spent a couple hours inspecting and adjusting. We did indeed have the front end elevated and could not detect anything abnormal. The flange bearings were all in good shape. The axel assembly fit nice into it's housing with a normal up/down pivot. No sign of damage or bending.

We went as far as to swap the drag links "steering arms" from side to side. This did improve the outward toe angle but not by much.

Were bottomed out on the ball joint adjustment.

I'm thinking of pulling one of the drag links and cutting off an inch and re-threading to get more adjusting value. shocked.gif

Thanks again... wink.gif