• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm heading up for a trip to Otter and Rocky Islands in 2 weeks.

Anyone know a good spot to lauch the boat and leave the truck parked for a few days? The other group is putting in south of Bayport, but I'm hoping to put in further north.

Thanks.

HaywardBound

Sounds like maybe your friends will be putting in at Washburn maybe? South of Bayfield... Yeah, pretty long run from there...

You will be better off either from the Bayfield, Red Cliff, or Sand Bay launches. All have parking available for you. Red Cliff and Sand Bay will be the closest, where Bayfield is three miles south of Red Cliff (not that big of a difference).

I'm not sure if it Washburn, it might be a marina in Pikes Bay.

Is the Red Cliff lauch also a campground? I see there are 2 marinas in that area, one near Red Cliff Point, do you know anything about those.

Think I'd be ok parking my truck at these sites for 6 nights?

Thanks for the help.

HB

Red Cliff only has one public launch.. And this is in conjunction with the Red Cliff campground. There is another private marina close by in Schooner Bay, but it is private and has no launch facilities except for him using a crane to put your boat in.

Either the Red Cliff or Sand Bay launch will suit you for the 6 days.

Jim, Thanks for the info....radio worked great and had a great time up there! Camping on Rocky and Otter was great and checked out a few other islands. I can't wait to get back up there next year!

My only point in my post is to wish you a Happy Birthday!

Have a safe one, and I wish you many, many more!

Jon