• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Whisker Biscuit Question

I got the Deluxe Quickshot out of the package last night, watched the video on the Carolina Archery web site on the installation procedure, and got that sucker on my bow.

I made the necessary adjustments, centering an arrow to what I think is pefectly from left to right. But I then adjusted the biscuit about as high as it can go and the arrow still points slightly downward. Slightly.

I took my new set-up out and and put about 50 shots into the target from 20 yards. Almost all were right on (inside the two smallest circles of the bullseye) without making any adjustments to my sights.

Should I be concerned about the slight angling of the arrow in the rest? It's not causing any clearance problems that I can tell of and I'm striking the target where I want to.

Put in a call to the archery shop manager at the local sporting goods store where I got it and got someone who I don't think works in the archery department. Frustrating. He told me it was fine but sounded like he was making it up while he went along. You know, like he's seen a bow and knows what they are but has never actually picked on up. Guy on phone: "Oh yeah, I've got the same problem. I put a [pause] whisker biscuit on my bow and had the same issue. But its perfectly fine." Thanks a lot. I'll be headed in to see the manager later this week to get his thoughts.

Got through to the manager this afternoon. He told me not to worry about it in a more convincing way. Telling me all sorts of steps to take to make sure I am tuned properly. Ala straightness of arrow in the target and shooting through paper, etc. THEN, if I believe I'm not tuned right, I should bring it in and we'll take a look at it together before making any adjustments on string nock, etc. Geez, that is why you buy from someone who knows what the hell they're talking about. This guy bowhunts frequently and shoots competitively. A lot of good information to pass on to a newbie (second year this year with 2 deer under my belt) like myself.

Your nocking point should always be a little higher than level. This is just the way the bows get set-up and how they function as a matter of nock travel and release point etc.

You don't want your arrow to be level from nocking point to the rest. Your arrow should nock about 1/8" high and you can adjust up and down from there. On my recurve my nock is 5/8" high but that where it shoots best. Paper tuning will tell you if you need to adjust your nocking point. If its hitting fine then I would keep it where it is until you sit down with someone who knows what to look for.

Both of my bows the arrow "looks" like it is angled downward. Some archers suggest having the nock slightly above center. If it shoots great, don't worry about "looks". Mine was setup the same way from the bowshop. It shot great out to 40 yards.

Now I put a "No-peep" on it and am starting all over again.

Shoot, adjust, shoot, adjust, shoot...

Thanks for the comments guys. Was out again tonight shooting away and hitting the mark consistently with a few stragglers an inch or two outside of the vitals on my 3d. I attribute that to being a little rusty yet though. Two plus more months of steady practice and I should be ready for opening day.