• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Northern little northern!!!!

I have been going to Lac Seul for about 7 years running now and one thing I am always amazed is how often we will be bringing in a walleye only to have a northern or muskie come up from under the boat to attack the walleye. This year, about 2 weeks ago, we were up there fishing when we heard some splashing on the surface nearby. Turned out to be about a 4 or 5 lb. walleye struggling because a hammer-handle northern had latched onto it. Like it thought it could eat it. smirk.gif I'm surprised the walleye didn't turn around and take the northern for its dinner.

Last year, one of our fishing partners had about a 50" muskie take his walleye away. He still blames me for not netting them both.

Bob

As for the size of them, i am not totally sure. The big looks to be in the lower to mid forties (inches)? The little one is probably 20?