• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oakland County

I am heading to Michigan in July and we are staying somewhere in Oakland County and I was wondering if anyone knows any lakes in this county that have either a good smallmouth or largemouth population???

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, since I have never been there before!!

thanks--

fisher98

There are many small lakes in Oakland county, but most are private. Your best bet is to just hit Lake St. Clair. You can chose smallies or largies depending on location. If you can get on one of those little private lakes, 20+ inch largies are common...There are also small lakes with public access, but I don't generally fish them. If I'm going to combat wave runners and skiers, I prefer the bigger water of Lake St. Clair. Then I can fish for whatever is hot, perch, bass, walleye, or even muskie if I want to wrestle a few of those toothy, slimy critters...Your also only going to be 1hr away from Lake Erie's awesome walleye fishery...