• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crex Meadows Birds (pics)

mcary

Went to Crex Meadows this past Saturday near Grantsburg, WI. Found a lot of waterfowl (mostly geese) and was able to get a few presentable pics. The geese are having an awfully productive year, there were goslings everywhere. The day presented a pretty wide array of light conditions making shooting a little tougher, but I guess we don't get to choose these things. I posted some wildflower images in the other forum. Hope you enjoy. Let me know if this is a little to much to download at one time (may need to downsize the images a little more in the future).

Geese in Meadow

img00369he.jpg

Geese in Tall Grass

img02822zm.jpg

Proud Parent

img0199029rx.jpg

Another Proud Parent

img0214028ke.jpg

Blue-winged Teal

img0093024hz.jpg

Red Wing Blackbird

img0148027uk.jpg

Hi Michael:

Very nice work. I especially like the composition of No. 2. The textures of the grass with the birds there make it look like a painting.

I don't think it's too much to download. And you said in the title that pics are included, so that's a fair warning to people with dial-up systems.

Very nice Michael. Really good job on the rice rocket--they're definitely not easy to catch in flight. Nice action as well on the RWBB. Oh yeah,(edit) is that a muskrat in the water of that photo?

Tom,

You may be right. I hadn't noticed that in the water. I thought initially it was a rock, but on closer inspection there does appear to be some turbulence behind the object. I should be paying a little closer attention to the background in my images, but you know those rice rockets (it's everything you can do to keep them in the frame).