• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A few photos of some flowers from today.

It was grey and overcast with bits of drizzle all day. I snapped a few with my puny 3.3 mp sony cd mavica. Taken with manual settings. Any comments, suggestions or identifications of the flowers are welcome.

We'll start with this one. I saw it along the gravel road. I was driving along the zumbro river from zumbro falls to hammond and snapped it in the ditch. Don't know what it is.

145809049_7b4aa8aa17_o.jpg

This one is of my lilacs in the front yard.

145809041_61705c3186_o.jpg

A fairly familiar flower, the bleeding heart.

145816046_c9bb7f6e3d_o.jpg

I'm not sure which this one is. Same story as the yellow flower.

145809055_3f8120adda_o.jpg

And here is a close up:

145809032_f22b823ac1_o.jpg

Feel free to visit my flickr account to see some of my other photos.

Nice photos. Amazing what a non DSLR is capable of, eh?

There are many cases in which the photos from a non DSLR can rival shots taken with DSLR. They just have a few more limitations.

If only the background could be changed in a couple of the shots. Sometimes you have to work with what you have or occasionally a different angle can eliminate a cluttered background, but not always. I especially like the first one with the limited depth of field.

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed them.