• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

G5 Montec heads

VMS

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I used them last year and they work great, but you need to buy the diamond blade shapner, because they are not very sharp. If you shoot 100 gran field points shoot 100 gran broadheads, I did not have to move my sites at all after changing from field points to G5s. one nice thing is that they are single piece broadheads. They are a great choice and i would recommend them to the very best.

Another vote here for Montecs. I shot NAP Thunderheads for years but was discouraged by the blood trails on double-lung hits. With the Montecs, the blood trails have been much improved. The flight is great; like all broadheads, they need to be straight in line with the shaft. Put one on and spin the arrow on the point and look for wobble where the arrow meets the broadhead, no wobble means the head is on straight. I have had great luck shooting them at 285fps without any wind-planing, they fly with my field points. For sharpening tips, the G5 HSOforum has video and the technique works well. I use a flat stone and have gotten them shaving-sharp without too much effort. A great head in my opinion and resharpenable.

Quote:

you need to buy the diamond blade shapner, because they are not very sharp.

Seems like a bunch of talk to buy a broadhead that isn't sharp already? i shot these and didn't care much for them. They didn't fly that great for me. love my Spitfire mechanicals though. my two cents....

Jp

To me every head needs to be checked for shapness on every hunt!

G5 has made many inovations in easy fied sharpend heads, and you dont need a diamond, but one would work

I shoot the Montec, they shoot fine when tuned, something that those who shoot mechanicals dont consider important.

On a scale of 1-10 I give it an 8 they seem a litte small on the shaft and bend easy when you miss. If you miss tongue.gif

The deer I posted on Pg 20 of the "Report your archery kill" was taken by a Montec. I'd say if it took that beast down they couldnt be too bad. Like the other said though, like any broadhead they need to be checked and sharpened if necessary