• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Life on the pond

Quite a few ponds around the area I live, hear are a few visitors as well as a coot (?) I shot while in Orlando a few weeks ago. All handheld shots, the tripod was at home.

woodiepairinthesun21xp.jpg

Cloudy day....

woodieupcloseonorchardpond26mb.jpg

hoodedmerganserpreening26ka.jpg

floridacoot21ud.jpg

There are so many more, it's just hard finding time for all the post processing work with the two young kids getting most of my attention.

Mike,

The first woodie shot is really nice. The Hooded Mergie shot is great, but a little soft. It kind of gives it a nice portrait softness though, so it's not a bad thing. Oh yeah--your coot isn't a coot, it's a common Moorhen.

Tom W

Thanks gang, I missed that eye shot on the male hoodie! I liked everything else about it, but I can't act like thats what I was going for . I took a few hundred pics of them that morning and haven't even come close to looking at many of them, I just picked that one out to slightly crop and post, the same goes for the Woodies. I will be doing a Raptor shoot this weekend and hope to be able to post some decent pics early next week.