• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shore fishing around Ames.......

I am just wondering if their are any good lakes or ponds around Ames to shore fish for bass. My boat is at my cabin in northern Minnesota and since I go to school at ISU, I'd like to try some fishing. I'm graduating in August and I have yet to fish in Iowa.....sad. wink.gif

Redline,

There are alot of good places to shore fish around Ames. You have yet to fish in Iowa! ooo.gif

First would be the new Aya Hayden Park on the north side of town. Crappies, Bass, and Cats for sure.

McFarland Park North of Ames a couple miles.

Rivers- I would say go rent a canoe from the Rec and float the rivers and catch some smallies. Just make sure you get a low down on the certain streches because of the dams. What ever you do never try to go over one in a canoe. People die everyyear trying to do this.

Get back to me if you have any other questions. grin.gif