• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Both the apple and the st croix rivers are nearby. The apple has everything from walleye to panfish and the st croix can be excellent smallmouth and walleye fishery. There are also many great lakes nearby.

I would also go with Croix for walleyes. Wappogasset is another option for walleyes, but it is usually a zoo on opener. Balsam and Round also have an OK walleye population. However, that's getting a little outside your desired destination.

Thanks for the help.

Can I get my 18' Pro V on the St. Croix at Osceola or on the Apple?

Where can I find a bait store that has good quality live bait?

There's a bait store out of Star Prairie that I've gotten good bait from in the past. Sorry I don't recall the name...but its on the west side of town on your way out (on HH I believe) if I remember correctly.

We've caught some dandy panfish out of Big lake near there. Squaw lake also continues to produce from what I hear...and I know they re-did their landing a few years back so that might be worth looking into...that lake is north east of somerset about 4 miles or so.

Sorry, I don't know the landing conditions at Osceola.

Good luck.