• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gobbler Action??

Just wondering if you South Dakota boy's are still chasin gobbler's. Comin out next week to see if I can't bag another one. We are still huntin pretty hard here in Wisconsin. A buddy and I were out this morning and bagged a couple of Easterns.

DavidGobbler2005andDarin001.jpg

Superblack: Sounds like you had a great hunt. Congratulations!

That picture is a little deceiving, the tips on the fans look so dark in the picture they could almost pass as Merriam's.

Probably a optical illusion you cheese heads like to play on us hicks down here(sorry, referring south of SD) to keep us on our toes. laugh.gif

Keep knockin the stuffin out of um.

Dean

Sloughshark,

I had to take a break from the fishin and kill something. Its was the last chance I had until September rolls around, and thats a long time to wait. The fishin out here has been pretty good with a lot of eyes being caught in the 15-23" range on Lake Sharpe.

Well just got back from the great state of SoDak. It was kind to me again. Popped this one 8:30 saturday morning after chasing these birds for about 3 miles. Finally got in front of them to set up a shot. Should have used the shotgun this time. He and his buddy were only 25 yards. I've never seen to tom's lead the flock to calling before. Seemed like the two jake's would keep the hen's in check while the two mature birds would lead. They did come right to the call with the correct positioning of the caller.. Took a while, but did end up with a nice result. After that took some time out and did some varmit control!!!SB

SouthDakotaMay06042.jpg

SouthDakotaMay06045.jpg