• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what one to decide

snowmobilesonlakes

I think It's a stretch to claim the honda as more durable than a polaris. and as for as quality, ....well there is a reason the popo is a little heavyer than the honda.

ride quality would also be one more argument to make for the popo

in terms of looks, i favor the honda slightly. but that changes fast when you are up to your seat in mud.

Poooooooor Polaris, .....still draging around the repution from the 90's

snowmobilesonlakes

Have you gone out and test driven both machines? I strongly suggest doing so if you havent.

As far as reliability in my opinion its the same. As for the ride and comfort, I am gonna say Polaris, but thats just my opinion.

My best advice, go drive both and buy what YOU are most comfortable on and what YOU think will fit YOU best. Both are great machines. Good luck on your purchase.

If you are more into quick trail riding and want a better handling more ergo correct machine the Honda wins hands down, it handles way better than the Polaris. If you want more of a work horse just for putting around and more utilitarian (i'd still buy the Honda, I have an 03 Rincon) you may want to look harder at the Polaris. They are both decent capable machines and seem to be pretty reliable.

You are lucky in that you are down to only two machines to chose from. As was mentioned, ride them both if you can, only you can make the finale decsion. lol You think you have problems now wait until you start wondering if you bought the right one.

I have a 2003 rubicon with 3800 miles on it. it have been though hell and back 4 times over.the guys i hunt with run polaris ho 500cc the honda will out do them when it comes to work [atv disc,hauling,pulling,]but the sportsmen has a better ride when it comes to trail riding.the best avt would be a honda motor/trans in a sportmen frame.anyway you go there both great 4 wheelers.Sorry i know this made your pick even harder grin.gif