• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water in NE SD lakes

Just wondering approx. when some of the lakes in the Waubay area will be open enough to put a boat in them. Also if anyone is fishing offshore in that area. Hoping to go down there Easter weekend.

Dunno about waubay, but kampeska's been open since wednesday and pelican's been open for about a week now. Waubay may take a bit longer, but it shouldn't be more than a week or so with the rain and warm weather plus the wind today.

Dusty

Went up to Waubay for the afternoon, fished from 1-5, my uncle had to leave at 5, otherwise we might have done better. Slow, 3 bites the whole time. 2 14-15 inch eyes, and 1 got off next to the boat, about the same size, maybe a little bigger. Water temp. was 44-45 degrees. Tried everything, jigging, bobber fishing, and casting cranks, they just didn't want to bite.

My report is about identical to sdstatekid. Very slow, caught 2 that went 15" and they were not milking yet. I talked to 2 other boats, one got skunked for 3 hrs and the other picked up 3 in 5 hrs. Maybe we were a little too early? Water temps around 44. Oh well it was a good day to be on the water.