• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Barking

MSchmillen

My 7 month old lab has recently started barking and growling at anything he hears, people walking by out front, animals in the back yard, things like that. It is very often that this happens. I have never had this problem and was wondering if anyone has any suggetions.

The one suggestion I have is that you buy a high quality unit. I went the cheap route and I do not trust the collar. It seems to be triggered by random events. The cheap versions will probably do more bad than good. The dog may just dump the collar against the kennel and it gets triggered. I do not use the collar because of the lack of trust that I have in the functionality. This unit is triggered by vibration only. I have heard there are units that work off vibration and sound. I would think those would be better units.

I've got the Tritronics Bark Limiter and it has worked great.. it's got a bark odometer on it, so you know if you need to bump the correction level based on the number of corrections issued.

It's worked so great that as soon as the collar goes on the dog knows the jig is up and he's stops barking... wish I would've got the dummy collar!

marine_man