• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4-1 on the Chain updated w/ pics 4-5

Well I got out on the Chain yesterday and the fishing was pretty good.

Water temps were 48.5 in the lakes and 50.9 in the river system. Winds howling out of the SW. This can mean one thing, eyes in the shallows 0-3' doing there thing.

Keying on windswept rocky shorelines with a Jig n minnow or rigging was the ticket.

First Eye was a solid slot 20" (18-24" must be released)after a quick pic was released. Numerous smaller ones were caught and released from 7-9am and they were spewing walleye baby batter. cool.gifshocked.gif

I actually had my first grand slam on open water this season. Largemouth 17-18", Yellow bass, and a sweet Channel cat (out of the river) of about 4-5# that really got my heart going.

It only gets better.

There is also a great crappie and gill bite going on in the back channels.

After several short hits on a 1/4oz jig and twister I made a switch to an 1/8oz Fireball and that got them going. Pink or Silver worked for us.

I could not believe how aggressive that Largemouth was, she almost took the rod out of my hand right behind the boat. When she jumped out of the water I was pretty shocked to learn it was a LMB.

I had an absolute blast yesterday.

Sounds like a pretty nice day on the water!

48.5-50.9 ? we still are icefishing up here crazy.gif.

I do miss fishing down there in the spring.My old man and I used to fish Meyers Bay in the spring for Crappies and sometime would hit Marie also. Sure do miss that.

Have a good spring!! smile.gif

Jar Jar

Here's a cat, I thought he looked like Fumanchu.

He fooled me and I thought I had a good eye.

FuManCat.jpg

Here's the scrappy LMB.

Basswbob.jpg

The best eye for the day.

chaineyebob.jpg

No closed season here, come on down.

Quote:

He fooled me and I thought I had a good eye.

Tony- How many folks get fooled into that one? I love it!! Give credit where credit is due. Channel Cats are fun to fish for!

Looks like you had an awesome time on the water. The ice went off my local lake last night. It was wide open today!