• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The rivers in the Eau Claire area have been productive the past week. In particular, Sunday evening during the snow produced a half dozen undersized(15" or less) eyes plus a 17 and 19.5". Reports from the area are similar - lots of small males with a better than normal number of bigger females. The crowds aren't out yet so if you have a river in your area open give it a try. The warm, wet weather coming up should keep things going. Good luck.

Oh yeah, the mud puppies are active as well smirk.gif

Quote:

Oh yeah, the mud puppies are active as well
smirk.gif

Nothing on earth like a mud puppy, is there? A buddy of mine pitched one in his minnow bucket one day on the St. Croix, and it immediately started devouring crappie minnows as fast as it could catch them. Talk about calming your nerves with food.

All the spots I fish are deeper, eddy holes. Nice fishing as the water isn't high yet. Fished an hour last night before dark and caught 7 undersized males - no mud puppies. My friend caught a 28" muskie that morning and also snagged a fat 40" as he was reeling in his line. A few sturgeon in the mix also.

Got outfished by a guy and his two little kids crazy.gif