• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problems with Ski-Doo MXZ 500

sounds like it loaded up, Maybe needle and seats are bad and need to be replaced. Pull the hell out of it with the throttle wide open. If that dont work, pull the plugs, take a lighter to the cylinders and pull slowly on the recoil, shoulod suck the flame into the cylinder and burn the fuel out.

i had a xlt do the same thing mine has plugs on each cylinder down in the cranckcase pull them,if fuel flows out it is your needle and seat,just shut the gas off when not using,as for the torch tried that msounded like a shotgun going off thought i blew the piston,i woul not recomened that ides

Hey Pike, pretty sure I know what your problem is. Had the same thing happening to me at the beginning of this year. Go to your local auto parts store and pick up a small tube of dialectric grease and dialectric dryer which comes in a little spray can. Unplug the main ECM module pin connector from the ECM (this is your main control module located right next to your brake system)and spray out the plug holes on the connector with the dryer real well. Let dry for an hour, then grease each pin conector hole with the grease. Plug her in and away you go.....I found out that this is pretty common. My machine runs better than I even remember now. A cheap fix and easy too. Let me know how things turn out for you.