• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honeoye Lake Ice Fishing

Hi,

I am planning fishing Honeoye Lake tomorrow (Sunday 3/5) in the early afternoon till dark or so. If anyone wants to join, that would be great!

Going to get on off of Trident Marine (NE section of the lake).

Got some reports of decent big gills, perch and some walleye off of there. 4+ inches with about 10 inches of snow on top. The good thing is it is a short pull grin.gif

I will report tomorrow or Monday morning on the results.

Report for 3/5/2006

Fished today off of Trident Marine from about 12:30pm to 7pm....I caught up with the Wizard who was already out there.

The first hole that I drilled, I thought that I was in a gold mine, because I landed 6 nice keeper gills in the first 20 minutes. Two of them were some big bulls at the 10 inch mark. After that, I still caught a few, but they were few and far between. I ended bringing home a total of 15---12 gills, 2 perch and 1 rockbass. I threw back a handful of dink gills and at dusk two undersize crappies went back.

The ice varied depending on where you were...one guy I talked to said he had 10 inches, but where I was, it was 3.5 to 4 with about 1" of water on top. With the warm weather coming up, I would be careful out there!!

Had a good time with the Wizard, and as usual, he provided some tasty treats grin.gif

Nice work there Johnny did they want rubber or meat? Good report buddy, but it looks like this coming weekend will be the beginning of the end with the temps climbing and the longer daylight hours. What stinks is the lakes still have a lot of snow on them so hopefully they will knock down some and harden over evening temps. I hate fishing in slush but heck what can you do... Good job and tell Scott I said howdy next time you see him...